Discover the differences between Linux and Windows hosting platform and decide which hosting platform is better for you!
The Importance of Having a Hosting Platform
After you are done with your web design and you think you are ready to present your website to the rest of the world, it is a time to look for a web hosting service provider that can help you establish an online presence.
The web hosting is extremely important in building an online presence, especially if we are talking about a website that is going to promote your business or brand. That is why it is essential to choose the right hosting platform according to your needs and purposes.
When operating systems are involved, there are two types of web hosting options – Linux and Windows. Let’s take a look at the benefits of using Linux hosting and the benefits of using Windows hosting, so you can decide which hosting option is better for you!
Linux vs Windows Hosting Platform
Linux is an open source which means that it is an operating system that doesn’t require licensing fees. It is known as one of the most stable and reliable operating systems on the market. The best part is that it is free to download.
The Windows hosting, on the other hand, is a user-friendly and easy-to-use operating system who operates excellent on user side but requires little improvements in server architecture. The Windows hosting is not free and has a high host when compared to Linux, as it requires licensing fees.
The Benefits of Using Linux Hosting:
- Linux hosting is cheaper and economical due to free licensing
- Linux is reliable and strong operating system. The servers can operate without any reboot for months and sometimes years.
- Linux is simple and easy to use. It has various products that run cross platform.
- Linux hosting is more secure. It has fewer security holes when compared to Windows hosting. Also, you are free from viruses.
- As an open source, Linux provides more control as you are able to customize it according to your website’s needs.
The Benefits of Using Windows Hosting:
- If you have created your website in .net then you have no other option to use than Windows hosting
- Windows hosting provides stronger database engine (the database requires licensing fees). So, if you have a larger database, Windows hosting is highly recommended.
- If you don’t feel comfortable on GUI and you are not a command line addict, Windows hosting is a better option for you than Linux hosting.
A Final Word
To sum everything up, if you don’t need support for specific Microsoft products and unique features, then Linux hosting will suit you perfectly. The Linux hosting is ideal for small businesses because it is economical and provides stability and security.
Finally, everything depends on your needs and requirements from the server. You need to check your business plans so you can decide which hosting option is better for you!